|Version 8 (modified by balister, 5 years ago)|
SDR Education Resources
- Behrouz Farhang-Boroujeny, Signal Processing for Software Defined Radio, 2008.
- Reed, Jeffrey H., Software Radio: A Modern Approach to Radio Engineering, Prentice Hall, 2002.
- Johnson, C.R., Jr. and W.A. Sethares, Telecommunications Breakdown: Concepts of Communication Transmitted via Software Defined Radio
- Software Communications Architecture (SCA), version 2.2.2
- Bard, John and Vincent J. Kovarik, Jr., Software Defined Radio: The Software Communications Architecture, Wiley, 2007.
- Clark, Cory, Software Defined Radio: With GNU Radio and USRP, McGraw-Hill, 2008.
GNU Radio Open source SDR
- GNU Radio Companion: a graphical user interface for GNU Radio
- Open source SDR software based on the Software Communications Architecture (SCA)
- Rapid prototyping tools for developing waveform applications and signal processing components
- Self-paced laboratory/tutorial exercises (see below)
OSSIE labs: These self-paced labs introduce SDR and SCA concepts through use of the OSSIE framework and rapid development tools. Students learn to develop signal processing components and waveform applications including an AM receiver that uses the Ettus Research USRP (USRP-1).
SDR Forum Education Working Group Contacts
Chair: William H. Tranter (btranter at vt dot edu) Co-Chair: Carl B. Dietrich (cdietric at vt dot edu)