= Welcome to the OSSIE development site =
== The main OSSIE web page is at [http://ossie.wireless.vt.edu] ==
[[Image(http://ossie.wireless.vt.edu/trac/chrome/site/screenshot_16apsk.png, align=right, width=720px, title="Screenshot of digital signal's spectrum and constellation", alt="OSSIE Screenshot: Flexframe/Liquid digital voice waveform")]]
OSSIE is an open source Software Defined Radio (SDR) development effort based at Wireless@Virginia Tech. OSSIE is primarily intended to enable research and education in SDR and wireless communications. The software package includes an SDR core framework based on the JTRS Software Communications Architecture (SCA), tools for rapid development of SDR components and waveforms applications, and an evolving library of pre-built components and waveform applications. In addition, free laboratory exercises for SDR education and training are being developed in cooperation with the Naval Postgraduate School.
== News ==
For a full list of headlines, visit the [http://www.ossie.wireless.vt.edu/?q=node/6 news] page on our main web site
* Ubuntu 10.04 OSSIE 0.8.2 LiveDVD respin (available [http://ossie.wireless.vt.edu/download/live_dvds/OSSIE-0.8.2-GR-3.3.0-Liquid-FlexFrame-GC-3.0-Ubuntu-10.04.2-respin.iso here]) has been released and now includes the following installed software and source code:
* The Liquid DSP library of PHY layer functions for SDR
* FlexFrame components and waveforms that use the Liquid library
* GNU Radio 3.3.0
* The OSSIE-GNU Radio Generic Component, which allows use of GNU Radio blocks and flowgraphs within OSSIE waveforms
* OSSIE 0.8.2 source code is available through [source:/ossiedev/tags/0.8.x/0.8.2/ subversion] or our [wiki:Downloads] page.
== Download, Install, and Learn to Use OSSIE ==
* [wiki:Downloads] - Go here for OSSIE releases, installation guides, VMWare images, or to access our daily builds.
* [http://ossie.wireless.vt.edu/download/user_guides/ OSSIE 0.8.2 User Guide] - Installation instructions for our latest stable release are included in the user guide, accessible here. The user guide includes instructions for downloading and installing Eclipse and the OSSIE Eclipse Feature.
* [http://ossie.wireless.vt.edu/download/labs/OSSIE_Labs_0.8.2/ Labs/Tutorials for OSSIE 0.8.2]
* CaptureFiles for people without RF hardware.
== Contact ==
* [wiki:Contact] the OSSIE team! This is a good place to start for tech support.
* Meet the [wiki:OSSIETeam OSSIE Team].
== Community ==
* [wiki:Contribute] to the OSSIE project and help us improve!
* [wiki:Users_Supporters Users and Supporters] of the OSSIE project.
OSSIE is supported in part by the National Science Foundation under Grants 0520418, 0809036, 0851400, and 0920026. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
Keywords: OSSIE, open source, software radio, software defined radio, SDR, C++, Python, Software Communications Architecture, SCA, JTRS, research, education